Friday, May 20, 2011

A Non-dairy Mama

Mothers Day was my last day to indulge in anything that had dairy in it, and indulge i did. With a large chocolate malt to be exact.
Choosing to go non-dairy has been a long time coming. Since Isaiah was born i've wondered if he had any allergy to something, and his doctor seemed to think he was, but was giving me no direction. I have had slight eczema since as long as i can remember behind my arms that will come and go every now and then. Isaiah has had the same since he was born, but has never gone away.... until now! Its been a little over a week now and both of our eczema has cleared up, and our skin seems softer all over. To my surprise it has been so easy to find alternatives to dairy products that we were eating before, and i really don't feel like it has been a big change to our meals. Over the last couple years i have learned so much about health and eating a whole, and balanced diet. I feel so good when i choose to eat healthy and organic food verses eating GMO'd, chemically enhanced and food full of antibiotics. Good not only physically, but mentally and emotionally. I feel pride and confidence when i make the decision to feed my family and myself meals that will not only impact their state of health, but their health in the future. God has given us only one body on this earth, and has told us to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength" and i truly believe that means taking care of our bodies the best we can.
Anyways, obviously eating healthy and organically is something i am passionate about, but its about more than just me.
I was recently connected with a local Mama via Eats on Feets on Facebook. She has been in need of a non-dairy milk donor for her 7 month old. My heart lept at the idea of being able to help her out. I have wanted to donate milk ...for a while now... but i really didn't know how to go about it and didn't want to just give it up to any random hospital. We are talking about my liquid gold here. It may sound funny to someone who has never nursed before... or maybe even to someone who has, but i don't take for granted my ability to nurse my son. It is amazing to me that God created us women to be able to beautifully feed our children something that is SO GOOD for them!
Anyways, this local women and i have been chatting back and forth and i am hoping to connect with her in the near future to give her some of my milk. Her daughter has been through a lot, and in turn it has been a difficult year for her parents, but i have only seen pure faith and trust in God in this women.
So like i said it isn't just about me, or Isaiah, but about a sweet little girl who is in need of non-dairy milk to help heal her body, and i am so excited to be apart of that!

Here are some pics of my 3rd Mama's Day, i'm so proud to be a Mama.
My Mama, and my best friend. ♥

A very inspiring mama in my life!

The only picture of my baby and i :-( He had just woken up from his nap.

My hubby is a real daddy: sporting the baby bottle haha!

Isaiah with his Auntie Christy

Twirling with my Niece

No comments:

Post a Comment