Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cloth Diapers

I have been waiting for last night to come for a while now.
I met with the owner of Crackerjack Underpants in Ionia. Isaiah and i went over to her house last night to learn ALL about cloth diapering and to figure out what i think would work best for our lifestyle. It was so great, and so much fun!
I love it when i come across another women who has the same values as i do, and especially when the conversation flows with ease.
Of course as all women do we strayed from the original topic and shared together about our passions of Home Births, Nursing, Eating Raw and Organically, Gardening, and Natural Toys.... we talked to our hearts content. We both lost track of time and i didn't return home until 10:30! My little Isaiah was a trooper and played with her 3 yr. old girl the whole time. He had so much fun! He discovered her cardboard blocks and had a blast climbing all over them! We may have to invest in some new toys for him soon, i think he is getting a little board with his at home.

It was so nice to just sit and hear all about how to care for the specific types of cloth diapers and to ask any question that i could ever have. I hate that i have had to wait until now to buy some. Isaiah is already 9 months, and originally i wanted to start him in them as soon as he was born.
So i returned home with 4 GroBaby Cloth diapers and inserts. They are so cute, and so easy! I cannot wait to get started! She also gave me a recipe to make my own Laundry Detergent that only costs .01⊄ a load!!
Tonight i will be heading out to the store to get my ingredients and spending tomorrow washing them, i think that will be the most time consuming part.

On another note Isaiah woke up with a very bad cough yesterday morning and it seemed to be getting worse as the day went on. He had a hard time sleeping and i spent most of the night rocking and nursing him. I didn't get much sleep to say the least. At about 4:30am i took his temp. and it was at 100*. He has been pretty sad and out of it today. Poor boy, i hate seeing him this way!
Hopefully it will pass quickly. I am pretty sure i know the culprit, but i am not going to name names :-)

Aren't they cute?!!


1 comment:

  1. So excited for you about starting cloths.. they are great! You'll have to let me know how you like the GroBaby.

    ReplyDelete