Thursday, October 1, 2009

And Now Your World Has Changed...

Isaiah's first time outside


Isaiah's Birthday

Welcome to the world my little Isaiah baby. You’ve been a part of this family for months now, nearly invisible to everyone around but very noticeable to me. I’ve carried you and nourished you and talked to you, mostly about "growing to be healthy and strong" and "knowing Jesus at a very young age"... and other useful instructions that would help free you from your watery cell inside of me.
I’m the one whose stomach you heard gurgling and whose weeks of semi-violent evening sickness gave you the hiccups. I am the soft home whose walls you snuggled up against and occasionally tried to claw through, with the strange sounds and the voice that went on and on almost without ceasing. I am everything that’s surrounded you for the majority of your life. I am your world as you’ve come to know it.
And now your world has changed…


No comments:

Post a Comment