Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas update.



Christmas was good, busy but good.
We started off on Christmas Eve going to Dan's Aunt Gina's house, later headed out to Muskegon to my Grandparents house. That night we went to the Midnight Service at our Church. The next morning we had Christmas breakfast at Dan's Moms house and opened a lot of gifts. Afterwards we stopped by my sister Heathers new house to finally get a tour. Then we headed to my Mom's house to celebrate the remainder of Christmas with my family. Sadly, Sunday we turned down driving out to Lansing to visit my dad's side of the family... we were pretty much exhausted! Although it seemed busy, i wouldn't trade it for the world. I love that i have a large family, and married into one!

The other thing, besides Isaiah, that has kept me busy this holiday season was all the baking i have done. I was able to spend some quality time making some unique yummies with my Mom. Its always more fun to bake with a friend.
I also spent an evening making gingerbread cookies with my niece Leah, and another evening decorating them all with all of my nieces and nephews. I love making memories with them!

I received some very generous gifts this year that i appreciate so much! I do have to brag a little about what Dan got me though................ A new Camera! What a thoughtful guy! He knew that i had been frustrated with our old cameras. Mine has broken twice on me, and his is just going bizzurks. I have been taking a lot of pictures with my camera phone and internally complaining about it.
Being able to take good photos of our family and Isaiah is HUGE to me! He is growing so fast and i want to have nice pictures of him. So big brownie points go to my husband this year! :-) 

In return i bought him a Brewing Kit for Beer. He has also been wanting one for a long time. He is going to have some fun with that! I'll be posting some pictures of is future creations with my new camera! :-)

Isaiah had fun as well this year. He got quite a few gifts from all his aunts and uncles and grandparents, and he loves playing with all of them! It was so fun to watch him unwrap his presents this year, he seemed to know just what to do. He is getting so big, and i couldn't help get a bit emotional thinking of how he was only 5 months old last Christmas. My little baby is growing up so fast! I know that is such a common thing to say, and i swore i never would say it... but it's true.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this year, and that your love didn't get lost in the busyness of the season.
Leah and Kayla

Joey




Up to something....



 
 
Our little Christmas
Dan got him little TOMS, they are so cute!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment